- We only accept electronic submissions in .doc or .docx format at the following address:
- Please use the following format in the subject line of your email:
First initial, LAST NAME – “title of conference or issue” essay or abstract
Example: N HAUCK – “Translation and Transcendence” abstract
- Please notify us immediately if you wish to withdraw your submission or if your work has been accepted elsewhere (another conference and/or another publication)
- Please include the following with all submissions in the body of your email:
– Full name and title of your submission
– Institutional affiliation and/or profession
– Brief 50-word bio
- For essay submissions:
– Title in bold, left justified. Name, italicized underneath.
– Include an 8-10 line abstract
– Text should be single spaced and justified
– 1” margins on top, bottom, left, and right.
– Please use Calibri font, size 12
– Paragraphs should be separated by a single spaced line and have ¼” indentation
– Page numbers should be centered at the bottom of the page, including the first page
– All citations should follow MLA guidelines, be justified, and have 2” margins
– Please use endnotes and not footnotes
– All citations in a language other than English should be accompanied by a translation, either in the body of the text or as an endnote
– Include a works cited at the end of the essay following MLA guidelines
– For full MLA guidelines see:
Gibaldi, Joseph. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. 7th edition. New York: The Modern Languages Association of America, 2009. Print.